In the real estate industry, generating leads has always been a vital part of the business, but traditional outbound methods, such as cold-calling, advertising, and direct mail, have become less effective in the digital age. Inbound marketing tactics emerged and have transformed the way we generated leads. It is based on the idea that potential customers should be drawn in rather than sought after. Of all the forms of inbound marketing, content marketing is one of the most cost-effective. In this article, we will go over how you as real estate agents can utilize content marketing as part of your lead gen strategy, including how you can optimize for maximum results.
Content marketing costs 62% less than outbound marketing & generates 3x as many leads.Demand Metirc
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is an effective inbound lead generation strategy for real estate agents. Rather than disrupting potential clients with unsolicited sales messages, you create and share valuable and informative content. This pays in both the short and long run. Realtors can attract potential clients to their website, engage with them, and ultimately convert them into leads.
Beyond lead generation, you can also retain customers with content marketing. There are several ways realtors can create content, including blogging, website content, and social media posts. The following provides a closer look at each method and how it delivers value to potential customers.
What is blogging content?
Blogging involves writing regular articles on topics related to real estate for potential clients like buyers, sellers, and investors. This helps you to establish yourselves as experts in their field and build trust with potential clients in return for providing valuable information.
For example, you might write a blog post on “10 things to consider when buying your first home” or “How to sell your home quickly and for the best price.” These types of posts can help potential customers feel more confident and informed about the real estate process, which can ultimately lead to more interest in real estate services.
What is website content?
Creating content for your website that highlights your experience, knowledge, and services is another effective way to attract potential clients. For example, realtors might create neighborhood guides that provide information on local schools, parks, and amenities. You can also post detailed property listings that highlight the features and benefits of each property on your website.
It is also beneficial to create and update agency or agent biography content that highlights your track record and credentials, boosting prospects’ confidence in your expertise. Informative website content can help potential clients learn more about the areas they are interested in and get a better sense of what they can expect from working with you.
What is social media content?
Sharing content on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter is a great way to reach a wider audience and engage with potential clients. Social media content might include updates on new listings, market trends, or local events, as well as photos and videos of properties and neighborhoods. In turn, you boost your lead generation efforts as the content showcases your expertise. You can also connect with prospects in a more personal and interactive manner on social media, building your brand in a positive light.
How to convert content audience to leads
As previously stated, valuable and informative content helps you to boost credibility in the real estate field. However, reputation building is not the only goal. Content can also be utilized to drive traffic to the website and encourage potential clients to submit their contact details for inquiries, exclusive resources, or to stay up-to-date via newsletters.
After someone submits their contact details on your website or landing page, it’s important that a record of their information is automatically created in your customer relationship management (CRM) system. This allows you to track their behavior and interests, as well as send targeted content and communications to nurture the leads to become a paying client.
Common strategies for converting your content audience into real estate leads include:
- Using lead magnets. Offer valuable content, such as e-books, checklists, or templates, in exchange for contact information. This way, you can follow up with potential clients and nurture them into leads.
- Including calls-to-action (CTAs). Throughout your content on your website or social media, include clear and compelling CTAs that direct readers to take a specific action, such as filling out a contact form, scheduling a consultation, or signing up for a newsletter.
Tips for optimizing lead generation from content marketing
- Optimize content for search engines to increase rankings in search results and ultimately drive more traffic to the site. To do so, use keyword research tools to identify the keywords and phrases that potential clients are using to search for real estate help. Incorporate these keywords into your website and blog content, including landing pages, and meta descriptions. Not an SEO expert? Consider using AI writing assistants like Allready.ai to help you create SEO optimized content.
- Create targeted content that addresses the specific needs and pain points of your target audience. That way, you can draw in the leads that are most likely to convert. For example, if you’re targeting first-time home buyers, you might create content that explains the home buying process. You could provide tips for navigating the real estate market. On the other hand, if you’re targeting luxury home buyers, you could create content that showcases high-end properties. You could also provide insights into the luxury real estate market.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of your content marketing efforts. Set custom goals and track your key performance indicators (KPIs) against these goals. You can gain insights on how your content is performing and where you may need to make adjustments. There are several tools that can help you track and measure the success of your content marketing efforts. For example, Google Analytics allows you to track website traffic, user behavior, and conversion rates.
Overall, creating valuable and informative content should be a key part of any real estate lead generation strategy. Consistently produce high-quality content that provides value and establishes trust. In doing so, you can not only position themselves as trusted realtor, but also encourage potential customers to sign up for updates on your services or properties. Get ahead of the curve by leveling up your content marketing efforts.